Advantages for Students
- Approaches for positive interaction with friends, classmates, teachers, siblings and parents.
- Reasons why some tasks are more enjoyable and easier to do than others (strengths and stretches).
- Strategies for more effective studying.
- Ways to stay focused and energized when faced with challenging tasks.
- Managing stress.
- Working on team assignments
- Tailoring independent assignments
- Learning to manage deadlines
- Improving study habits
- Approaching homework assignments from a broader perspective
Career and Curriculum Track Exploration.
MMTIC support materials include information on the process of choosing a career.
Awareness and appreciation of diversity.
- Bridge communication and conflict issues with other children and adults.
- Develop appropriate self-management techniques when outside forces are creating difficult situations.
Advantages for Parents
- Develop mutual understanding. Parents will have improved communication and understanding related to each child’s unique needs, ways of perceiving, making decisions and relating to others.
- Home study assistance. Parents support their child with productive and effective strategies for understanding and learning
- Motivation and discipline. When a parent can identify a child’s unique motivators, they can craft discipline strategies that are more appropriate and effective.
- Self-Esteem. The development of a healthy personality and high self-esteem is intricately related to the opportunity to learn, live, and grow in a climate of approval and acceptance of individual differences.